New High Performance Volume Type io2
A new type of disks io2: Maximum (SSD) is now available to all CROC Cloud. It is based on high-performance solid-state drives.
The io2 becomes the highest performance volume type of our storage line. It replaces the io1: Flash type and, because of its top characteristics, fits very good for:
- The most sensitive to IOPS performance applications, such as heavily loaded databases.
- Workloads, that have high requirements both to the throughput and IOPS performance of the volume.
- Floating workloads, for which you can online adjust the volume IOPS value and optimize your costs.
Key features of io2 volumes are:
- The ability to choose the IOPS performance on volume's creation and to modify it later, without the need of stopping the instance.
- Performance up to 50 000 IOPS. IOPS value is set by the user in the range from 100 to volume size in GiB * 50. It means that the max performance can be set for volumes with >= 1000 GiB of size.
- Max throughput per volume – 500 MiB/s.
- Volume size and its IOPS performance are billed separately, which allows you to optimize your volumes costs by online modifying their IOPS values.
You can find more information about volume types and features in the Volumes section of documentation.