CROC's proprietary Virtual Data Center allows for the integration with various cloud technologies, thus expanding the company's service portfolio. Microsoft global expertise advances the offering for major and medium businesses to a totally new level and allows us to provide: MS IaaS, "Year-Round Business" and SQL Server.
MS IaaS and Year-Round Business services are targeted at major and medium businesses which:
- currently use Microsoft Azure or Microsoft Office 365 and would like to remain within a Microsoft ecosystem but are looking to adopt Russian cloud services in order to comply with the Russian legislation
- use Hyper-V virtualization and would like to outsource the virtual environment
- use old versions of Microsoft Exchange, Lync and SharePoint products and are looking to update them through, for example, the adoption of cloud provider's services
- use Microsoft Exchange, Lync and SharePoint and are looking to outsource these services, in whole or in part
How to order
14-day trial access is free of charge. To gain trial access and receive a service cost estimate, please send a request to CROC's manager.
MS IaaS means computing capacity, RAM, space in the storage system, and access to network services from a virtual environment constructed by CROC in Russia in compliance with Microsoft recommendations and best practices.
The service is available over the Internet and/or dedicated communications channels on a quarterly pay-as-you-go basis.
Based on Hyper-V 2012 R2, MS IaaS employs Microsoft System Center and Azure Pack software products as well as 5nine software for environment management, service delivery, and information security.
The service is managed via the Microsoft Azure Pack portal, which can be accessed via a browser. In addition, customers can also enjoy independent service management features:
- Template-based deployment of new virtual machines (VMs)
- Creation of virtual networks and Site-to-Site VPN tunnels
- VM console switch-off, reboot, status saving (checkpoint) and access
- Booking of extra server capacity using plans and add-ons
- Ability to request service desk to deploy special-purpose VMs, complete VM migration from own data center, set up network load balancing, and create a shared disk storage
Tariffs include fixed rates for the following service elements:
- VMs depending on the plan, which includes a certain number of virtual processors, allocated RAM, and VM OS license in use
- Space quota in a data storage system depending on its type (in GB)
Included in the cost, no extra charges:
- Unlimited number of disk subsystem IOPSs
- Unlimited network traffic
- Backup of running VMs and 30-day backup storage
- VM transfer from customer's data center or Microsoft Azure to MS IaaS
- Deployment of new high-loaded and resource-intensive services in MS IaaS, thus avoiding need for procurement of new equipment
- Transferring of services, which are targeted at an external audience, to MS IaaS in order to make such services independent of the internal infrastructure
- Transferring of personal data systems to CROC's secure cloud environment for proper personal data protection
- Complete migration of servers from remote offices and branches to MS IaaS, and branch LAN integration into a cloud via an isolated network using network virtualization and Site-to-Site VPN tunnels
- Using MS IaaS as customer's backup data center
- Data backup from customer's data center to MS IaaS for long-term storage
This service is powered by Microsoft Exchange 2013, SharePoint 2013 and Skype for Business 2015 and provided on a SaaS basis: service price includes deployment and support, software licensing and cloud resources. The Year-Round Business service is provided from MS IaaS, which is based on reliable Hyper-V 2012 R2.
Learn more about Year-Round Business
For a customer, the initial service deployment is free of charge. User data migration from an initial location to MS IaaS is a matter for separate discussion.
The service is paid for quarterly on a pay-as-you-go basis. In addition, other payment options (monthly or less than once per quarter) can also be negotiated. Per-month service rates are specified in a master agreement.
Cost calculation is based on:
- Cloud resource consumption data
- Number of users
- Extra functionality unlocked for entire organization
Monthly payment comprises:
- Cost of cloud resource consumption and royalties, depending on consumption volume (permanent part of payment)
- Software licensing contribution in proportion to number of end users
- Technical support cost – dependent on number of service consumers
- Contribution to information security services costs
For a detailed cost calculation, please contact CROC's manager.
"Year-Round Business" optimizes and streamlines communications between the company's employees, with a wide range of daily tasks being unified in one service:
Business class email based on Exchange 2013
Unified communications based on Skype for Business 2015
- Outlook web client functionality
- Exchange 2013 capabilities for protection against spam emails
- Personal and shared folders, address lists, contacts, tasks, and calendars
- Support of mobile devices
- Unified messaging system
- Extra functions such as information security compliance management, data loss prevention, built-in archiving, etc.
- Instant messaging, group chats, all AV capabilities for PC-PC, audio, video and web conferencing
- Presence status information
- Desktop sharing
- Voice communications (telephony) and call management
based on SharePoint 2013 totally redesigned and supporting social networking opportunities:
- News feed, corporate event calendar and subscription
- Employee directory with parametric search functionality
- Unlimited number of wiki pages can be created
- Personal web pages, blogs, and community web pages
- Commentary, survey and vote features, tags and keywords, and portal search
- Photo gallery
- Booking of meeting rooms, integrated with MS Exchange
- Expanded functionality due to additional Microsoft products (e.g., Project Server) or modules from its partners
- Import office software substitution via user operations transfer from Microsoft Office 365 to CROC's Russian cloud solution
- Increase in reliability of collaboration services, which are critical for efficient internal communications, thanks to SaaS delivery from CROC's fault-tolerant cloud
- Fast and cost-efficient migration from old Exchange, Lync and SharePoint versions
- Desktop deployment for new employees with no need for server capacity in customer’s own data center
- Ensuring staff communications in branches
- Office 365 Plan E4 users can enjoy Skype for Business 2015 telephony from CROC's cloud
CROC provides Microsoft SQL Server in a form of service enabling users to extract maximal use of DB with no additional costs.
- Highly available disaster redundant cloud infrastructure, clustered installation of Microsoft SQL Server
- Customer requests a certain DB size and pays only for it
- The service is approved by Microsoft for it is built in the full correspondence with vendor’s recommendations and best practices
- All maintenance task, including patching etc. are carried out by CROC support team
- Highly educated and experienced MS SQL database engineers and administrators certified by Microsoft are able to give a hand both in development and troubleshooting