Backup as a Service (BaaS)
Cloud Service Development Director
Expert on the backup system
To secure your mission-critical data, opt for backup as a service (BaaS) and protect local or cloud sites and systems, databases, and mail servers. BaaS can either be managed via a personal console, or outsourced to CROC’s qualified specialists.
- Distributed data storage based on two of CROC’s data centers, one of which is certified by the Uptime Institute for compliance with Tier III «Gold Certification of Operational Sustainability»
- Prompt service activation and use
- User-friendly administration console accessible anytime and anywhere
- Minimum traffic consumption thanks to deduplication of data transmitted
- Backup of Windows and Linux operating systems, SQL DB, Exchange email servers and VMware virtual farms
Technical aspects of service provision
CROC offers backup as a service powered by several products that vary depending on tasks fulfilled: Cloudberry Backup, EMC Avamar, Veeam Backup, Veritas Backup Exec, etc. To create backup copies, agents are installed inside virtual machines or physical servers, thus making it possible to back up files and application data separately, use Windows VSS, save at block level, etc.
- VM backup in CROC’s cloud
ПFastest possible data protection and recovery thanks to the hosting of infrastructure and backup system in the cloud, based on own data centers. System functionality is partially integrated with a cloud management console for more comfortable and faster solution deployment.
- VM backup in other clouds
CROC’s system minimizes the risk of data loss by storing backup copies in geographically distributed data centers not connected to the main production data warehouses, while also ensuring high-speed access to and use of backup copies.
- Protection of physical servers and virtual machines in a customer’s data center, as well as protection of remote offices
To stop making data copies locally, customers only need an internet connection and access to CROC’s warehouse of backup copies. Our system consolidates the protection of main and remote offices, using a single cost-effective solution with user-friendly and easy management.